cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG500-28 and SG500-28P can be Stacked???

cacravero
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, I have a concern about stacking SG500 Switches.

I have two SG500-28 stacked and working as the central of the net, and I need to provide PoE to some Ip Phones and I'm thinking to buy and SG500-28P, but I would like to know if it will be possible to replace one of the SG500-28 Switches of the stack with the new SG500-28P and maintain the stack configuration??

I will apreciate any information that you can give me..

PS: Sorry for my English writing.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Glenn Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This should not be a problem. The problem come when you attempt to implement Stacking across product families (i.e. SG200 and SG500)...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Glenn Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This should not be a problem. The problem come when you attempt to implement Stacking across product families (i.e. SG200 and SG500)...

Thanks a lot I will let you know soon as I can tested. We are in Argentina so we have 100 days to get the equipment here.

Hi,

As Glenn pointed out you are in right direction.

Below links can come in handy to answer your questions Cisco 500 series switches.

Data sheet - http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/small-business-500-series-stackable-managed-switches/c78-695646_data_sheet.html

Admin guide - http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/Sx500/administration_guide/500_Series_Admin_Guide.pdf

Jeb
Toronto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X