cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRW2048 Problem: One port not working, shows active link without any cable connected

muhammadb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I actually posted this earlier in linksysbycisco forum, the old one, until i discover cisco for small business. :)

Any of you guys have come accross this problem. I have one of my port (g8) showing the port is active with gigabit connection, but there is no cable connected to that port.

I have also set the  Admin advertisement as 100 Full, but it still show the current port speed as 1000M. Current port status will only be down if I change the Admin Status as down.

I have reboot the switch and it is still the same. I have this problem since the first week I got the switch. I have not restore it to default factory setting only yet.

Any other suggestion, what might have cause this?

Thanks in Advance, Muhammad

2 Replies 2

chrcoope
Level 1
Level 1

My first thought is that this is a bad switch but there are a few things you can try first. As you mentioned, a factory default reset would not hurt. You might also consider upgrading the Firmware or simply reflashing the Firmware followed by a factory default reset.

Thanks for the reply Chris.

It is pain to do factory reset, when the switch is used in production env. Moreover to do firmware upgrade.

Anyway, that's the only solutions to try at the moment...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X