Views
Helpful
Replies

Trunk with SLM248P

NicolasBou
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

It's possible to set a trunk on this switch ? apparetly it can manage vlan layer 1 and 2 but i still need a trunk.

on WEB-GUI i did not found a option or feature to configure it.

thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Nico,

The way you set this up with the slm248p is the port role is a general port role (which is a trunk role with rules you can apply). 

In current state of the port you need to have the untagged vlan or the native as the pvid of the port and add the tagged vlans to the port.

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

Just to know if i understand :

I have two VLAN : 101 and 104

The port 1 --> vlan 101

The port 2 --> vlan 104

The port 48 --> trunk .

So the PVID of port 1, 2, 48 must be the same ? --> PVID = 1

and i add to the port 48 the vlan 101 and 104.

The port 1 and 2 are configured to forward tagged tram.

the port 48 is untagged.

this configuration is okay ?

thanks for your help.

Nico,

The ports you want as access ports have them as members of only that vlan.  One way to do this is to set the pvid on the port to the vlan you want.  This will be untagged for that port.

On the Trunk port, set the pvid or the untagged as 1 or what vlan you want to pass through this port without a tag.  This is known as a native vlan so to speak.  Tag the other vlans that your wanting to go across the trunk like 101 and 104 as tagged and 1 as the untagged if your network is setup that way.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X