cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750-X LAN Base Image

rays
Level 1
Level 1

Hello can someone confirm whether LAN Base image will allow me to configure 10 SVIs, with inter vlan routing and a static default route pointing to my ASA which I will have connected to a /30 on SVI 800 (for example)?

I know the documentation shows that the following:

"On switches running the LAN base feature set, you can only assign an IP address to an SVI and configure a static unicast route on the interface. Other configurations are not supported."

What does a Unicast route on the interface mean?

Many thanks
Ray
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes.  They are correct.  LAN Base, with default SDM Template, will support only 16 static routes.  But if you want routing protocols, only IP Base feature set is required.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nope.  If you want routing, then IP Base is the minimum and not all routing protocols are supported with just IP Base.  

Thanks Leo... Have you tested this with new IOS ?

Now I am even more confused as i just got a reply from Cisco Partner Helpline saying that yes I can create SVIs and static routes with LAN base and point a static default route to an SVI..

Also, from the URL above:

Note On switches running the LAN base feature, static routing on VLANs is supported only with Cisco IOS Release 12.2(58)SE and later. 

On swion switches running the LAN base feature set, IP static routing is supported only with the default sdm template. For more information on the SDM templates, see Chapter 1, “Configuring SDM Templates” or see the sdm prefer command in the command reference for this release.

This seems to contradict what you have said..?

Thanks
Ray

Yes.  They are correct.  LAN Base, with default SDM Template, will support only 16 static routes.  But if you want routing protocols, only IP Base feature set is required.

Thanks Leo

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card