Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All, Looking for a comparison between these two models of switches, in particular the SG550XG-24T vs SG350XG-24T. I would be planning on using these in a collapsed core design, running MSTP, and would like some form of first-hop redundancy. I can ...

Wayne_G by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! TACACS ? command

Hello, I have my switches configured for TACACS authentication/authorization. I notice that users can still run the command '?' to see a list of commands. However this is incorrect as all commands are actually authorized on the TACACS server. Firstly...

Hello, my situation is that  have switches with no enable password configured i.e. simply a username and password. If I enter the command 'aaa new-model' and do not have the command "aaa authorization exec default local if-authenticated" configured t...

Hello, I’m planning on replacing the primary ASA in HA and need to know the procedure when it comes to Firepower. Do I have to re-configure mgmt and re-add it to FMC since I will need to remove the SSD and installing it in the new one?  Here’s what I...

NETAD by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If I wanted to create VLANS  on the router instead of the core and use a layer 3 switch for a few VLANs, would I just do sub interfaces?    I normally would just do a core switch and push everything to the router to go out. We have BGP for our WAN an...

I have just installed a Xerox 8560 MFP printer and as I am running 6 different vlans I don't seem to be able to get the scan to PC function working.If a pc is on the same vlan as the scanner, it works no problem. If I try to scan to a pc on another v...

gmayers by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello We are quite new to Network /Switching concepts and we have a question on one of our CISCO industrial Ethernet Switches IE-4000-8GS4G-E to evaluate the switching capabilities.  As we see , there are 12 Ethernet based ports. However we see 4 add...

Marjuis by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,   I searched bug tool and other resources for this behaviour. Am I missing somthing obvious, or is this a bug? Configuration is not saved to port channel interface. It´s also removed when shutting down a port channel, like "conf t - int po1 - shu...

1977bjorn by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,  My Cisco switch keeps sending the following syslog: %PARSER-3-URLOPENFAIL: cannot open file for redirection 'Timed out'   Does anybody know what it means and what should I do?

Alex1b by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear all,   I tried to enable flow-control on my interface but from a "show interface" it show me that is not supported. Here my configuration :   interface GigabitEthernet1/0/48 switchport access vlan 51 switchport mode access flowcontrol receive on...