Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I configured 4500X management port (Fa1) and I can ping the IP from the network. But when I tried telnet to the port, the switch showed "password required but not set".I didn't configure any password for VTY. Should it be equivalent to "no login"? If...

I need to connect two separate ASR1001-X to 7010's. I need port channels Layer2 from the ASR's to the 7k's. I am told and as I understand it, "we are talking to a pair of 7k’s on a vdc with no SVI’s". Here is what I have. Can't pass traffic. I have t...

Hi,I would like to configure my switch to remove a static route from the routing table if a destination becomes unreachable. In IOS, this would be simple with IP SLAs, however, they are not in the Nexus 5000 series platform, only the 7000 series, whi...

Hey Guys, I cant telnet or ssh to one of my switches.  I can however telnet to the switch i'm having trouble with from another switch on the network.  I have the config attached, Thanks for any help!  

HiI bought 30 Cisco Phone SPA514G, and I have in my company a Cisco 4500 switch.I want to connect my phone with a POE line, but I must buy a new module.Is the module WS-X4548-GB-RJ45V a good choice?regards

Hello, I Just realised how nexus model switches are important in networking profession as many of the companies alredy deployed these. Can you please share the basic documents as a startup what to know about nexus and where to start from?

Hello can someone confirm whether LAN Base image will allow me to configure 10 SVIs, with inter vlan routing and a static default route pointing to my ASA which I will have connected to a /30 on SVI 800 (for example)? I know the documentation shows t...

rays by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

R1R1#sh ip int brInterface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                ProtocolFastEthernet0/0            unassigned      YES unset  administratively down downSerial1/0                  172.16.0.1      YES manual up             ...

Hi,I have a peculiar issue with a router whering I get the message in the Show Environment as below.sh environment out Redundant Power System is not present. SYS PS1 is present.    Type: AC AUX(-48V) PS1 is absent. Fan  1 OK Fan  2 OK Fan  3 OK Fan S...

Resolved! Network isolation

I have a network requirement to acheive where we are installing a LIS software which should be adhereing to the HIPAA Compliance and should be seperated from the existing network infrastructure. Our network has 4510 as the core switch directly attac...