Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a problem I have two interface vlan 1 and vlan interface 2 lan 1 intended as an interface vlan can not ping and connect to interface vlan 2 and another to interface Vlan1  ip address 20.20.20.1 255.255.255.0  ip nat inside  ip virtual-reassemb...

pcfreak49 by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI don' have any idea what the following means*Apr 27 14:52:21.991 GMT: SP: PREDNLD: LC doesn't meet resource requirement for pre-download, not reserving memory for slot 2I haven't find any useful information on googleany guy help me?*Apr 27 06:49:4...

Hi all,I have question regarding shut down port function which is not connected with port-security. Lets say I have 3 FastEthernet ports in same vlan. Is it possible, that in case one of this port will go down (because NIC on the other side go down) ...

Jan Rolny by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I'm fairly new to all this so please go easy! I have a 2940 switch which had the wrong VLAN on it (the equipment we had running through it hadn't been used for a while & no one noticed it wasn't working until now). I found the switch port was...

Hi - I have installed a 3560 switch and trunked it to core switches via 10g uplinks. Prior to that I deleted the vlan.dat and configured the switch for respective vlans non of witch are connected yet.  My question is at what point in an MST config do...

SpongeRob by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am seeing that there are many options for spanning tree type, is that correct?RSTP Link and Edge TypesLink-Type point-to-point: Links between switchesEdge-Type point-to-point: Link between switch/end userLink-Type Shared: Link between switch and a ...

network770 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Dear Tech Gurus,I need a small clarity regarding Cisco Catalyst 4500 Supervisor Engine 6-E.It has Dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks (X2 optics). -----------   Can I connect this two uplinks to a distribution layer switch.Say yes or no.With ThanksChait...

The network-topology looks the following chart.When port is blocking ports at PVST mode, LED is orange blinking.what color of LED is at Rapid-pvst mode?Please look at the attached files.**********************************Catalyst2960S Gi1/0/20(Blockin...

So I currently have a basic 16 port switch.....I need to upgrade.  And I am looking at the catalyst 2960 48 port.....So my question is this WAY more than I need.My current config is this...internet........dslmodem.......cisco firewall.........basic 1...