cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 1000 web gui not working

QT76
Level 1
Level 1

I just buy a Catalyst Switch 1000 (C1000-8T-E-2G-L), i did the initial setup with webgui, but now i cannot access the switch with the standard ip managment address 10.0.0.3, i cannot ping it, nothing.... My Pc is in DHCP mode, but it get just a apipa address..if i put manually an adress to my pc ( 10.0.0.10) within the same subnet, and with no other devices connected to the switch, nothing.. im connected  to the switch through normal port with normal ethernet cable, that must be enough, i think.  Right now i dont have a console cable..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes that is what suggestion always, is when you change the IP address, until you click save it will not saved in GUI, 

so we asked to connect console cable so we can see what is the issue, 

You made it right process, and good all went well, we mark as this resolved now.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

connect the console cable and post-show run output here : 

if you lost your password reset to the factory as below :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst1000/hardware/installation/8_16_port_hig/b_c1000_8_16_hig/configuring_the_switch.html

BB

without console cable i can do nothing? i did order a console cable 

https://www.amazon.com/DSD-TECH-SH-RJ45A-Console-Switches/dp/B07N1LZSBN

Is this a good choice?  T use this i need the cisco usb driver for console cable? where i can find it? i tried here but impossible to download

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/282774222/type/282855122/release/3.1

Thanks for your help

i have messaged you the driver

BB

thanks. Another question  the cable i did buy has a FTDI chip for cisco, and they write that i have to install the driver from FTDI website. is this the same as the cisco usb driver? i need one or the other? what is the difference?

not sure, install driver and see is that works ?

BB

config the PC with DHCP 
and connect to management port not any other port 
then try access GUI.

Management port do you mean console port? There are just this ports:

image.png

c1000 gui - Google Search

this video steps by steps 

Sure  - bare in mind  i may be wrong - i just referred product document to be sure  - below is what I have seen:

balajibandi_0-1676716859662.png

thank you for sharing the video (and how to search in google) - the video does not show connecting to that port ?

Looks I may be missing here wrong interpreting the message you googled for me (thank you)

BB

i did the setup like in the video, but after was impossible to connect to the webgui

show my the 
ifconfig of PC you use

I think the problem is that DCHP is not enabled on the switch.. how can i enable it? cannot without console cable, right?

3.png

Step 1

Verify that no devices are connected to the switch. Initially, the switch acts as a DHCP server.

Step 2

Confirm that the STAT LED is solid green. This indicates that POST is complete. If the STAT LED turns amber, the device failed POST. Reconnect the AC power cord to the AC power connector of your device and to a grounded AC outlet. If the STAT LED still does not turn green, contact your Cisco representative or retailer.

Step 3

Press and hold the Reset button for 3 to 4 seconds and release it.

Caution: Release the Reset button after 3 to 4 seconds. Continuing to hold the Reset button for longer exits the Setup mode.
Step 4

Connect a straight-through Category 5 Ethernet cable to a 10/100/1000 Ethernet port on the switch front panel and to the Ethernet port on the PC.

Step 5

Verify that the port LEDs on the PC and on your device are solid green or blinking green. This indicates a successful connection.

Step 6

Wait 30 seconds.

Step 7

To log on to the device using an Internet browser on your PC, type the IP address 10.0.0.1 or 10.0.0.3 in the address bar of your Internet browser and press Enter.

Step 8

Type the following default credentials: username: cisco, password: cisco and press Enter.

The Configuration Setup wizard is displayed. Click Go to Wizard.

Cisco Catalyst 1000 Series 8-Port and 16-Port Switch Hardware Installation Guide - Configuring the Switch [Cisco Catalyst 1000 Series Switches] - Cisco

i did this step by step the first time...it was fine, this is a one time setup configuration mode out of the box, it cannot be done another time after reset a second time...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card