Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3750G-12S-S IOS

Amiroo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have an old cisco Catalyst 3750G-12S-S Switch with IOS Ver: 12.2(55)SE4. I made a mistake and try to upgraded with 3750X-12S-S iOS . After I Format the Flash; I understood what a horrible mistake I made. Now I am trying to find suitable iOS for the switch but there is not anything found. Could anyone help me? 

1 Accepted Solution
14 Replies 14

These iOS are belong to 3750V2-48TS. Are they suitable for 3750G-12S-S?

Yes, they are.

Doesn´t work :/, any idea?

@neysser wrote:
Doesn´t work :/, any idea?

It works.  I know it works because I use it. 

If it "doesn't work" provide proof.  I want to see what does not work & where it is failing.  

I did it too,it doesnt work, you have any idea why this is hapening? i need a solution please, i tried a lot of things

error ios.PNG

What you've posted is an error during the IOS xmodem copy to flash, correct?  I.e. not a failure of switch to boot that IOS, correct?

However, as the -12S is different from all the other 3750G models, having more TCAM and additional SDM templates, I'm wondering if 3750v2 code fully supports it.

@Leo Laohoo have you run 3750v2 IOS, specifically, on a -12S model?  Are the additional SDM templates provided?

Yes, i can´t do anything, the switch don´t boot, there isn´t show anything when put dir flash:, i  tried to upload different images but nothing, i don´t know if is an error in the IOS or with the xmodem, o what, i did that in xshell, could be the program fail?

If available, you might try a different terminal emulator to xmodem with.  Also try, if terminal emulator supports, xmodem vs. xmodem-1k.

I don't recall for sure, but if the 3750G supports tftp in its ROMMOM, that might allow you to directly boot from a tftp server or load an IOS image from it.  (tftp would be much faster on a LAN than even the best serial port file transfer protocol, as the your console serial port, if set higher than its default 9.6K probably maxs out at 115 Kbps.)

Thank a lot man, i´ll do that

WTF are you talking about "not working". 

The screenshot shows xmodem is failing and has NOTHING to do with the IOS.  

xmodem failing means the computer doing the upload is the problem (and not the switch and, most definitely, not the IOS).  Find another PC to do the xmodem process again.

Easy tigger, you think i haven´t tried? but thanks anyway

Ok, go back. 

1. What TFTP server application are you using? 
  2. Look at the size of that BIN file.  It is huge.  Find a BIN file that is not that big, even if that IOS file is very old.  
  3. Upload a smaller file.  Get the switch to boot that.  And then upload the correct firmware when possible.

"Upload a smaller file.  Get the switch to boot that.  And then upload the correct firmware when possible."

Ha, a technique I've used to use in the past, when I was stuck doing a console IOS load.  I.e. get the device to boot, then load the desired IOS across the LAN.

Leo's suggestion about an older IOS is good, as older IOS images, being less feature rich, often were smaller (well before universal versions with licensing controls).  Likewise, look for the fewest features supported too.  Basically, if multiple IOS images available, use the smallest possible.

Lastly, bumping up the baud rate of the serial interface can make a huge difference, although try to (very much) remember to restore to 9600 before you reboot.  (I recall 3750s can be problematic restoring console to its default baud rate if you don't do this before the newly loaded IOS is booted.)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card