Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7606-S with two Sup engine 720 with PFC3B

Ali Zaghir
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have Cisco 7606-S with two Sup engine 720 with PFC3B (two WS-SUP720-3B). One of the SUP engine is working fine while the other one is stuck at rommon. Bootflash is empty, but disk0 has the image s72033-advipservicesk9-mz.151-2.SY9 which is the same on the second one. Below is the output of the set command:

PS1=rommon ! >
LOG_PREFIX_VERSION=1
SLOTCACHE=cards;
BOOT=disk0:s72033-advipservicesk9-mz.151-2.SY9.bin,1;
?=0
TYFIB_BLOCK_ALLOC=
BSI=0
ACL_DENY=0
RANDOM_NUM=681490023
RET_2_RTS=01:15:14 UTC Tue Jan 11 2000
RET_2_RCALTS=947553392

When it is booted from disk0 I get the following message HW indicate it is sup3, but idprom is not and then the booting is halted. Could anyone help me to pass this? Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Have a look at this document and see if you can recver it from rommon.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/7500-series-routers/15082-recovery-c7500.html

HTH

Ali Zaghir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Reza Sharifi, the document you've mentioned refers to changing the default boot behaviour but for my case, even if I use the manual boot command and specify the image, I can see the switch trying to boot and decompressing the image but then stuck after it decompresses the image and as I mentioned it displays the following error before halting HW indicate it is sup3, but idprom is not 

I believe it might be either a hardware problem or can be solved by upgrading the rommon. However, I didn't try to upgrade the rommon because I don't know how to do that if I am on the ios previledge mode.

@Ali Zaghir do you have valid cisco contract? if so try cisco support at support.cisco.com

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

No, unfortunately i don't have a valid contract at the moment 

I think this is a case of a hardware issue. Can you copy from disk0 to flash?

Is there a command to copy from disk to boot flash from rommon? 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card