Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco nexus C3064PQ(9.3(10)) VPC issues

reale00
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Has anyone had issues with cisco nexus switches where if one specific switch is primary and you restart the other switch the peer-link port-channel comes up briefly with a message like this:

%ETH_PORT_CHANNEL-4-PORT_INDIVIDUAL: port Ethernet1/49 is operationally individual

There are other messages like this and I can share them but I believe this is where the issue comes and for the life of me can't figure out what causes this.

Before the port-channel comes up fully there is intermittent packet loss.

If someone has experienced this can you share what the fix was or what caused this behaviour?

For sure there is something up with this switch as we have 3 of those and this issue is when this one specific switch is primary.

We have already tried reimaging this switch and that did not help, this switch was bought used so don't know the full history of it but lets say some upgrade was not done, is there a possibility that some update contained some firmware package that is not in the latest version of the firmware?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is the collaboration/UC area of the forum, might want to move this to a relevant area for your question

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card