cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IE-4000 Configuration for use with NI cDAQ Devices and DAQmx Tasks

J.Kohl
Level 1
Level 1

We have purchased the IE-4000 for the TSN (802.1AS) capabilities. We have configured the switch for the dot1as profile and are having errors when trying to run DAQmx tasks in NI MAX. If anyone has had any success with configuring the switch for use with NI devices and DAQmx tasks in NI MAX, and would be willing to provide some help it would be greatly appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the response, hfavb. Good to know that is an option to solve for pdelay issues. Thanks for the suggestion. We did manage to find the solution. It turns out that the firmware we were using had some known issues with PTP 802.1as support that we were unaware of. Upgrading the firmware was the solution for us this time. Nice and easy to fix, but difficult to discover.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

hfavb
Level 1
Level 1

Did you manage to solve the issue?

I noticed today that the dot1as profile on a C3650 has a strange value for pdelay_req_interval (-3, equal to 125us). The command line does not allow changing this value, since in dot1as profile a command like 

Device(config-if)#ptp pdelay-req interval 0

cannot be executed. 

The way I fixed it was to disable ptp entirely, change to power profile, then execute the command above and then switch back to dot1as profile. Magic, now the pdelay requests come every second. Solved AVB issues for me, but may not have any impact on your issue.

Thanks for the response, hfavb. Good to know that is an option to solve for pdelay issues. Thanks for the suggestion. We did manage to find the solution. It turns out that the firmware we were using had some known issues with PTP 802.1as support that we were unaware of. Upgrading the firmware was the solution for us this time. Nice and easy to fix, but difficult to discover.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card