cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

info carrier-delay down Nexus 3064

santox
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a Nexus 3064 where is connect a L2 protected.

When I have a fiber cut, provider switch automatically to backup line withouth problem. When master is going up, they cant switch to the master because flap of Nexus port is <50ms.

They tell me to

"be able to advise how to increase “carrier-delay down” time on your ports in order to not send LOS during protection switch (sub 50ms flaps)."

I try to find something on the internet but I cant.

Someone can help me to try a way to fix this?

have a nice day

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus3000/sw/command/reference/931m3k/config/b_N3K_Config_Commands_93x_n3k/b_N3K_Config_Commands_93x_n3k_chapter_0101.html#wp1612371669

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi marce

I try this command and set to 300msec to my used vlan and doesnt work.

ports send LOS in case of sub 50ms service flaps

- Check current software version being used on the 3064 , use an advisory release if applicable , check if that can help.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

version 6.0(2)

i dont find anything for los in phisical interface. Maybe is not a feature of this switch...

Hello @santox ,

you should apply the command to the physical interface not on an SVI or at VLAN level.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe

there is no command  in the physical interface.

i check online seem to be this only in modular series with higher price 

santox
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i find this command that seems to be good for my problem. 

I try to use but doesnt work.

i cant believe that I replace my Mikrotik switches with Nexus and now I have this problem with my L2 links.

any ideas?

have a nice day

Debounce time: The port debounce time is the amount of time that an interface waits to notify the supervisor of a link going down. During this time, the interface waits to see if the link comes back up. The wait period is a time when traffic is stopped.

Hi, so how can I solve the problem? This switch series cant manage this type of flap?

thank you

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card