cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LACP on NX OS

joshduty
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on setting up a new 5k NX OS switch and comparing it to the current setup of another live 5k Nexus switch and am questioning the setup of a PortChannel setup for LACP. I understand the concept of it, however, I have always seen a Port Channel configured with the same amount of ports from one switch to another. In this scenario, however, there is a port channel with two ports on the live 5k configured for LACP, but the one port goes to one of our core switches and the other port goes to our second core switch. Our core switches are 2 9k nexus switches, with the single port on both of them that the 5k connects to configured with LACP on a vPC with just one port. In a sense, the Port Channel is configured in a "V" shape which i have never seen before and wanted to know how I can replicate that on a new distribution layer switch we are introducing to the network.

Let me know any additional details you may need,.

Thanks,

Josh 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If tht core switch running as VSS ( V connection is normail)  and even though 2 boxes physically virtuallly 1 only)

make a small diagram so we can easily understand and suggestion can be made easily.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If tht core switch running as VSS ( V connection is normail)  and even though 2 boxes physically virtuallly 1 only)

make a small diagram so we can easily understand and suggestion can be made easily.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the reply. I found a very good video exposing vPC’s and that answered my question. 

And yes, our two core switches are operating as a single one from the perspective of the downstream switch. 

Thanks for your reply!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card