Views
Helpful
Replies

Mangement interface g0/0 isolation

M.Sultan
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello guys-

I have a perimeter c9300 24p switch- it has a management interface g0/0 at back panel its assigned to mgmt-vrf.

I want to remove the int g0/0 from mgmt-VRF and assign it to a specific vlan- because its the perimeter switch connected to ISP i want to isolate management interface from the rest of the traffic.

what solution could be possible ?

Regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- No need to because that is already established by gi0/0 being allocated to a separate mgmt-VRF ; (traffic is isolated per default)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Gig0/0 is specifically used for Managment purpose, you can not use this interface for Data traffc.

Interface GigabitEthernet0/0
description XXXXXXXX Management VLANxxxxx
vrf forwarding Mgmt-vrf
ip address x.x.x.x  255.255.255.0   ( you can connect to different OOB switch with VLAN)
negotiation auto
end

more information can be find here :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/software/release/16-10/configuration_guide/int_hw/b_1610_int_and_hw_9300_cg/configuring_ethernet_management_port.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- No need to because that is already established by gi0/0 being allocated to a separate mgmt-VRF ; (traffic is isolated per default)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Gig0/0 is specifically used for Managment purpose, you can not use this interface for Data traffc.

Interface GigabitEthernet0/0
description XXXXXXXX Management VLANxxxxx
vrf forwarding Mgmt-vrf
ip address x.x.x.x  255.255.255.0   ( you can connect to different OOB switch with VLAN)
negotiation auto
end

more information can be find here :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/software/release/16-10/configuration_guide/int_hw/b_1610_int_and_hw_9300_cg/configuring_ethernet_management_port.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card