cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network isolation

Vishnu Reddy
Level 1
Level 1

I have a network requirement to acheive where we are installing a LIS software which should be adhereing to the HIPAA Compliance and should be seperated from the existing network infrastructure. Our network has 4510 as the core switch directly attaching to campus. Also a firewall is hanging off the core for Internet. Now internally all the VLANs talk to each other. Going forward the new server should be communicating from a secure vlan and only with the required clients only if permitted. How would i go to implement this in our existing network? I have requirement for 2 VM hosts and storage for that server. Everyone accessing this server should follow the HIPAA compliance guidelines.......

Should I implement using access-list in the core by creating a VLAN but i think it wouldn't be that scalable and nightmare for maintance and troubleshooting?

Should I implement it by forcing the traffic through ASA(hairpining) and inspecting the traffic over there on ASA along with static nat and also should i have to permit intra interface traffic?

I am confused about how to implement this solution?

Little help into this or any documentation that would help me to get to the solution.

Thanks in advance.

18 Replies 18

Sure was not aware of this feature. Since I am active member of this forum since Nov 2014. I will in the future start rating the answers which are correct. I will keep this in mind when viewing responses sent to me.

Mukesh

No problem and many thanks for taking it the right way.

Jon

Mukesh

Many thanks for that.

Jon

There is another approach where i can create subinterfaces on ASA and associate these vlans100 105 and 110 and then connect that physical interface to 8 port managed switch and configure trunking for those vlans as well as other vlans who want to communicate with that app. Based on access-policies I could allow what needs to be permitted.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card