Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with N9K since upgrade

AK59
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

We have 2 N9K C93180LC-EX with 5 N2K-C2348 FEX attached (dual home).

We experienced some issues during the upgrade as we are getting some ports in "inactive" status. 

We tried to understand where the problems is but we can't figure it out. 

We do understand that there is a mismatch in the configuration but we can't modify anything. 

For example, the left shows the configuration of a FEX port on one N9K, the right show the same FEX port configuration on the second N9K. Both after upgrade. 

AK59_0-1715682105834.png

Moreover :

• When we try to align the configuration and issuing a "no spanning-tree port type edge" on the second N9K(right), the port configuration doesn't change. 
  • When we try to align the configuration and issuing a "spanning port port type edge" on the first N9K (left), the port configuration doesn't change either
  • Adding "spanning tree bpduguard disable " on the second N9K (right), is ok though. 

Also, we realized that the commande "spanning-tree port type edge" has been added on both N9K after  the updrage. 

Have you got any idea on how to fix it ? 

PS : To force the FEX being upgraded, we had to switch to single home and upgrade the N9K where the FEX were attached to. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AK59
Level 1
Level 1

We upgraded from 7.0(3)I7(5) to 7.0(3)I7(10).

It seems that no L2 devices should be connected to FEX unless you do a VPC between FEX. 

Anyway, it seems that we'll have to remove one N9K and put the same configuration as the other one. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the issu here, FEX port are edge ports by default.

what version code was before what code you upgraded, have you checked the release notes before upgrade.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

AK59
Level 1
Level 1

We upgraded from 7.0(3)I7(5) to 7.0(3)I7(10).

It seems that no L2 devices should be connected to FEX unless you do a VPC between FEX. 

Anyway, it seems that we'll have to remove one N9K and put the same configuration as the other one. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card