cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the difference between Interior and exterior gateway protocol?

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How long is a piece of string?  How long do you want the answer?  Two pages?  Three?  Single space or double space?  

Hi Leo,

I need a

*What is the Interior gateway protocol?

*What is the Exterior Gateway protocol?

*What is the different IGP & EGP

that's it.

thanks.

I'll waiting for your answers. Plz help.(answer capacity one page)

When you are ready to deposit 1 BitCoin to my account, let me know.  

Only when the amount is in my account will I provide the answer to your homework.  

Hi

*What is the Interior gateway protocol?

The interior gateway protocols are basically the routing protocols used internally into a company and not over Internet, to exchange information into the same autonomous system and they can be: RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS. 

*What is the Exterior Gateway protocol?

EGP is usually used on Internet, between different AS, BGP is the only protocol classified as EGP. Although BGP can be seen on the books as iBGP (routers sharing the same AS) and eBGP (Communication between different AS) it is still classified as an EGP.

*What is the different IGP & EGP

The Exterior Gateway Protocol and Interior Gateway protocols are used to transmit the data packets between different networks using routable protocols like Internet Protocol; they are different from each other.

Interior Gateway Protocol is used to forward the packets among different networks that use the same autonomous system number. Whereas the exterior Gateway Protocol have the capability of forwarding data packets to different networks with different autonomous system numbers.

The following link can be useful as guide:

http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=2180210&seqNum=7

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Interior Gateway Protocols share information within a single autonomous system. Exterior Gateway Protocols are used for the exchange of information between independent autonomous systems.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card