cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will one SVI in Meraki supports Multiple Subnets..

RRHemasundar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

Good afternoon.

Can anyone  please clarify whether the below condition/requirement is possible or not .

Condition/Requirement : 1. Will SVI in Meraki support two DHCP subnets (Created in same DHCP server).

2.when the DHCP pool of one subnet will get exhausted,is it Possible the IPs  from other subnet will allocate the IPs to end points from its subnet?

Any suggestions and clarifications are welcome!

Thanks ,
R.R.H.Sundar

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure 2 subnet - example 2 /24 ( why not increase the subnet mask - if these RFC 1918 address space).

unfortunatly as per my deployment before i do not see meraki support secondary IP address ( things may be changed recently )

best is create a another Layer3 SVI and split the load in 2 different subnet associated with access ports for the respecte VLAN

Note : as i mentioned increate the subnet scope or get new bigger scope and replace with existing one - if you do not have any static configured on the devices.)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the inputs @balaji.bandi .

Yes ,there is no option to use multiple subnets in Meraki.

"We are increasing our scope" this was only the option we found as per our research.

Thanks..

Sundar

You are right about that. The Meraki devices don't support any secondary IP configuration. The flexibility is less than with Catalyst, but they enforce a cleaner design in the end. And instead of increasing the subnet size, you could also segment the devices into multiple subnets.

@Karsten Iwen we've  already segmented the devices into multiple subnet,but one subnet IPs(assigned for one SVI) are exhausted ,I was researching the  options  rather increasing the scope .Your suggestion or recommendations are welcomed .

Thanks,

Sundar

yes that is good idea (so planning is important when we have these kind of bottleneck issue)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card