cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Camera LED Behavior Change CE vs TC software

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

Has anyone else noticed that with an SX unit (20, for us specifically), that the LED indicator light on the camera is now ON anytime the camera is on (i.e. in call, or self-view on) with CE software, rather than only being on when the system is in a call, as it was with TC software?

I've a client who is very annoyed at this change in behavior, and would really like it to go back.

Anyone know if this was a deliberate choice in the new software, or perhaps is just a bug?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm sure it was deliberate - one reason might be for Speaker Track - if it worked the old way it would not be obvious which camera is active, but the way it works now you can see the LED indicating which camera is being used. 

You can open a ticket with TAC but I wouldn't expect this to go back. The customer can roll back to TC code if they want. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm sure it was deliberate - one reason might be for Speaker Track - if it worked the old way it would not be obvious which camera is active, but the way it works now you can see the LED indicating which camera is being used. 

You can open a ticket with TAC but I wouldn't expect this to go back. The customer can roll back to TC code if they want. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: