Views
Helpful
Replies

CE 8.2.1 Software Upgrade from CUCM

Simon Battye
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade a number of TelePresence Endpoints to the new CE software, the endpoints themselves have not been installed yet but i am preparing CUCM 11 so that upgrades take place on installation.

I have downloaded the "complete" CE software package which should include software for all relevant devices, this has been installed into CUCM TFTP but i have noticed post-installation that there are a number of .PKG files visible in TFTP for the CE Software, there aren't any .loads files that i would expect to see.

Is it just a case of specifying the .pkg file under the devices phone loads section?

Thanks, Simon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Shashank Mahajan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would see .pkg files for Telepresence endpoints as compared to the IP Phones where in you can see .loads files.

If you have installed the CE8.2.1 firmware then restart the TFTP service and check if its listed under Device> Device Settings > Device defaults.

If it's showing under Device Defaults then you just need to reset the device and it would initiate the firmware upgrade. There is no need to specify the name of .pkg file under device's phone load section. Phone would take it from device defaults.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

After you upload the COP file to CUCM, you need to restart the TFTP server and then configure the devices to use the new software.  Refer to the "Manage Device Firmware" section of the Administration Guide for CUCM and IM&P, Release 11.0(1) for the exact steps needed.

Shashank Mahajan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would see .pkg files for Telepresence endpoints as compared to the IP Phones where in you can see .loads files.

If you have installed the CE8.2.1 firmware then restart the TFTP service and check if its listed under Device> Device Settings > Device defaults.

If it's showing under Device Defaults then you just need to reset the device and it would initiate the firmware upgrade. There is no need to specify the name of .pkg file under device's phone load section. Phone would take it from device defaults.