cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Ceiling Mic, Can you direct them at each other?

Hi Community,

I'm looking at designing a space and my question is can you direct the ceiling microphones towards each other or does this cause a problem?

i've looked at every design showcasing them on Workspace and online and not once is there two ceiling microphones pointed at each other.

If I need to cover a large audience space, can I have 2 back to back microphones and then at the front of the room another one which is pointing back towards the other 2?

If the reach of a microphone is 2.4m, then couldn't i point one in it's direction which is 4.8m away so i'm picking up the entire 4.8m between them or am i missing something crucial that the sound engineers reading this are about to slap me over the head with?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

2 Replies 2

asri.zainal
Level 1
Level 1

You may position the cisco ceiling microphone back to back however not in the direction facing each other.

The installation guide shows exactly how you would mount it.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/microphone/installation_guide/ceiling-microphone-installation-guide.pdf

Snipaste_2020-03-03_10-27-12.jpg

Hi,

I need to install 3 celing mics in the board room. ple let me know the position in the ceiling for installing the mics

1 meeting room with U shape table, 3 mics needs to installd.

1 meeting room with singel long table 2 ceiling mics needs to be installed.