Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco precision 60 camera direct connect to laptop

Simple Dave
Level 1
Level 1

hello all,

I recently acquired an old precision 60 camera that was in a container with other broken items.  I'm not sure what if anything if wrong with it, but I am trying to see if it works.  I do not have the sx80 codec or any other hub for connecting the camera.  Is it possible to direct connect to my laptop so I can see if it works?  I want full camera control and feed to my computer (ideally).  I have looked on this site and others, and there is no direct connection  from what I've seen, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't work.

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can get the video feed via HDMI (and an appropriate HDMI->USB converter).   That's the easy bit.

If you want Camera Control, you will likely need to build an app that can send the appropriate VISCA commands over IP to the camera via its Ethernet connection...

Many people have given up trying to get this to work, as the cost of doing both of the above often ends up more than the cost of purchasing a different camera designed to do what you want.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.