cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PrecisionHD USB Camera is not working on Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1

folia2001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.  I have a PrecisionHD USB Camera and it is not recognized in Windows 8.1.  Only the microphone is recognized as a device.

I have downloade the CISCO PrecisionHD Software Update Tool from the oficial website but I get an error saying:  

"Failure: Software updates are currently not supported on Windows 7.

Please try updating the camera with Windows XP or Vista."

Are there any new drivers for this camera?  Is it possible that it can't be used on Windows after the Vista version????

Regards,

Fabián

8 Replies 8

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I run Windows 7, and haven't had any issue updating the PHD USB cameras ever.  What version of the camera firmware did you try and update to?  The current release is CC1.5, that can be downloaded from here.

I have an issue where the camera worked ok but felt that an update would be best and used the CC 1.5.0 tool and now the camera does not work and is not recognised.  I run Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and had to run this in compatibility mode for windows XP service pack 3

The camera was working great but I have no idea what the info from the update is telling me - any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Jon, I wanted to upgrade my camera but the downloads aren't available anymore. Can you send me the upgrade file?

thobonho2
Level 1
Level 1

I just did an update on Windows 7 and I haven't got any warning saying it's not supported. I have used that version:

http://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/camera/cc1/CC1.5.0.exe

folia2001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys!  Thank you for your responses.  Anyway... I'm running Windows 8.1 in my computer.  That message about Windows 7 is comming from the updater application.

Any other who is using a PrecisionHD camera in Windows 8 or later?

Thank you!

According to the release notes, Windows 8 isn't supported, only up to Windows 7.

After some testing just now, you'll need to run it under Windows XP in compatibility mode.  Even though it's supported up to Windows 7, I couldn't get it to run under anything but Windows XP in compatibility mode when installing the update from a Windows 8 computer.

gabriel.caclin
Level 4
Level 4

In CC1.5, the cam works well with Win 8.1  and Win 1, no problem here.

I have an issue where the camera worked ok but felt that an update would be best and used the CC 1.5.0 tool and now the camera does not work and is not recognised.  I run Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and had to run this in compatibility mode for windows XP service pack 3

The camera was working great but I have no idea what the info from the update is telling me - any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: