cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Spark Room Kit - Wake Up widget

Dalibor Mitic
Level 1
Level 1

We have just implemented Conference room solution with Cisco Spark Room Kit and Crestron for room control. Everything works fine. 

But there is one thing our customer wants to have. They are using Zoom for scheduling meetings. And similar to TMS when meeting is scheduled a popup appears on Touch 10. Their wish is if it's possible, when this popup appears to trigger some event or widget to Crestron, and Crestron will then do the preset for video conferencing ( TV, lights, blinds etc).

Is it possible to do somehow? 

6 Replies 6

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

No - the commands to launch calls and the in room control capability are separate functions, there is no way to combine them. 

Do Macros give me any possibilities for this? 

It might be possible if the event that occurs when a Zoom meeting is scheduled if the event that occurs within the Room Kit can be captured by the macro.

Well that is a key. How to capture this event? Event from Zoom is almost the same like event from TMS. Here is the event from TMS:

2018-03-28T15:37:00.029+02:00 a9 appl[1864]: 4389.76 CuilApp   User root about to execute command '/Bookings/List' from .

So, I'm not so familiar with Macros. If somebody can help me, how can I capture this?

Macro user guide can be found here: DX, MX, SX, and Room Series Customization Guide (CE9.2), some examples are also in the CE9.2.1 Macro Framework discussions thread in the forums, and there is a Room Rvices DevNet that also contains examples hosted on GitHub.

Another approach is to have the Crestron perform the tasks whenever the endpoint is in an active call, ie: connects to the Zoom conference. This can be done using the API, using: xStatus SystemUnit State NumberOfActiveCalls.

Yes, this second approach is interesting. I will definitely go this way, but listing status of bookings not  active calls.

Thank you Patrick for the idea.