Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SX20 Camera hazy, blur

Nguyen Tony
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am using Cisco SX20 with firmware version 9.1.4 (lastest). So, when i show sefl-view on screen, it is not good , quite hazy and blur. 

I also adjust camera paratmetter settings but not helpful.

Any ideas?

Thuc

18 Replies 18

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Try a different HDMI cable, if that doesn’t resolve the issue, try swapping the camera with another known working camera. You want to see if the issue follows the camera or remains with the codec. You can also try to upgrade the software and/or factory reset, that sometimes resolves some camera related issues.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Depending on which camera you have, there is a bug in the camera firmware that can cause the camera to go out of focus. There has been a fix released in the TC software range (TC7.3.11), but it isn't available in CE just yet. You could downgrade the SX20 to TC7.3.11 so the camera firmware gets updated, then upgrade it to CE9.1.4 again if you need it to work immediately, otherwise, the new CE software shouldn't be too far off.
Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

let me try and get back soon

Hi all,

I tried to update the firmware to version 7.3.11 and version 9.1.4. So, it is not helpful. The issue is still there. Any ideas for me?

P/s: I have six SX20 devices (same deal) getting this issue.

Thanks,
Thuc

Do you have a default camera position preset on your camera that has been set while the camera is out of focus?

Does the camera come in to focus if you Zoom it in our out?

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

matt mcfetridge
Level 1
Level 1
I've seen the same issue on MX300's where the camera won't focus at all doesn't matter if you pan tilt zoom around the room etc. I didn't try doing any API commands to try to force it from the terminal shell. Maybe xCom Cam PositionReset or xCom Cam TriggerAutofocus.

The band-aid solution I found to "fix" the issue was to reboot the unit (I rarely reboot ever).

The issue is super intermittent on my endpoints, so I have no data to correlate what or why this is happening or to spend more time in isolating the issue as bug.

mwm

It has been acknowledged by Cisco that this is a bug with the camera firmware,.  There is a fix for this in the next release of the CE9.2.x code (and as I mentioned in an earlier response, the camera firmware release has already been reverted to fix the issue in the old TC7.3.11 software if you want to downgrade to that).

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Is there a bugID for the camera Issue and do you think it will make it to CE9.2 or will it have to wait for a 9.2.x sub release?

thanks,

mwm

The fix is in CE9.2.1 which is now available.

Wayne

We have upgraded from TC7.3.12 to CE8.3.4 and we are having same issue. Will it fix FW issue if I upgrade to CE9 and downgrade to CE8?

From my experience, no, it will only stay fixed when running one of the newer CE9 releases which includes some endpoint tweaks to refocus the camera as well as the camera firmware fix.

The Bug listed earlier (CSCvg09988) only mentions the fix being available in the newer CE9 releases too.

Wayne

We have seen this issue with our SX20 4x Camera and the issue was resolved after upgrading from CE 9.1.4 to CE 9.3.0.

I probably will not, as the camera is most likely going to downgrade along with the codec. Your best solution is to upgrade to and remain on CE9.2.1 or later.

Hi,

That is not entirely correct. Once the camera has been upgraded the camera will never downgrade (The old cameras before Precision 60 do not have software parity with the codec). 

The latest camera software resolved the focus issues and step loss issues but the problem was on the codec side. The codec was sending a focus reset every time the codec was taken out of standby, and this worked with older camera software but it was a workaround. The new camera code was intended to fix all of the issues without using any workarounds but unfortunately when we said it was fixed the conflicting code still existed in the codec side, this has been rectified in the newer releases (CE9.2.4 I believe). This issue therefore still resides in older codec code so a downgrade will not downgrade the camera but will cause the conflict between the old codec behavior and the camera.

/Magnus