Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence Microphone 60

Blakeg001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thank you for your help in advance!

I am designing a conference room with an sx80 codec, speakertrack 60, and telepresence microphone 60.  The part I would like advice on is my equipment rack is a lengthy distance away so I am trying to extend the microphones.  They microphone cables need to be routed through a floor box but I would like a disconnect point at the floor box.  I have not seen a 1 gang face plate with the Euroblock connectors so can I make this an xlr connection?  Also will these microphones work with any DSP if I do not want to run them directly into the codec?

Thank you!

Blake

1 Reply 1

Hi Blake,

Yes, it is possible to extend the microphone. You can use any interface on the floor box like XLR connector or just like in our case we used DB-9 along with CAT-6 cable on the floor going to the codec mic audio interface and it works perfectly.. As long as pin-outs are terminated properly and it should work. The reason why we decided to use DB-9 because the connector is more lighter rather than XLR.

And yes, it will work also with DSP's like BIAMP or Clearone. But the only thing it will not work is the muting button for mute/unmute functionality because DSP will not provide power or connection for that but the audio will work.

regards,

Acevirgil