cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco telepresence

Mihai Ciuraru
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys, fist of all the disclaimer: I'm a real noob in collaboration stuff so be gentle.

I want to setup a demo for telepresence (just a proof of concept, nothing fancy). Going thru cisco's documentation I haven't understood what is the minimum setup to have the telepresence working between 2, 3 nodes. Do I need only the telepresence server,or is Unified Comm Manager needed too? Any other component necessary. 

I have at my disposal, for a short while, 2  telepresence 1100.

Althou I would apreciate a noob friendly description, a link(s) towards the right documentation will sufice.

Thanks.

M.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The next iteration could be adding the devices to your CUCM so they can make calls to other devices within your agency, then, for multi-party conferences, you can integrate the TelePresence Server, add Expressway-Core and Expressway-Edge for external calling, or many other components depending on what capabilities you want.  It'll all depend on your use case and what you're trying to achieve on what you will need and where.

Again, look at all the deployment guides for these products, they're a good starting point on what to configure and how to configure stuff to work together in a Cisco supported manner.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For a real basic demo, you should be able to just use two TelePresence endpoints, configured for direct H.323 dialling and connect from one directly to the other via IP address.

Have a look at the admin guide and deployment guide for your endpoints, these are usually a great place to start.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer.

I will try to connect them directly. What would be the next iteration from here? Adding the Telepresence server? 

M.

The next iteration could be adding the devices to your CUCM so they can make calls to other devices within your agency, then, for multi-party conferences, you can integrate the TelePresence Server, add Expressway-Core and Expressway-Edge for external calling, or many other components depending on what capabilities you want.  It'll all depend on your use case and what you're trying to achieve on what you will need and where.

Again, look at all the deployment guides for these products, they're a good starting point on what to configure and how to configure stuff to work together in a Cisco supported manner.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Exactly the answer that I needed, thank you Wayne.