Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Webex Room Kit / SMP / TP

fp_av
Level 1
Level 1

Questions:

1) My understanding of the Cisco Webex Room Kit is that inorder to integrate with a CMS we need to have an SMP License. Is that right?

2) Does the SMP License also come with a TP License if we need to integrate with a CUCM?

3) The SMP License is based on concurrent meetings, so if there are 10 devices would it be enough to buy 10 SMP Licenses?

4) I know the License SKU is different based on version of CUCM. Is that also the case with CMS?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

1. Yes, generally speaking
2. If you buy the SMP bundled with a Room ki (CS-KITBUN-K9) then yes it comes with a TP Room license and is cheaper. If you buy the SMP license separately, then it does not come with a TP room license.
3. Yes, although you might not need that many, unless every device was in a separate meeting at the same time. If you have one meeting with 10 devices joined, it only consumes one license. 2 x meetings with 5 devices each would consume 2 licenses, etc.
4. No - CMS licensing is not version dependent.

Thank you Nick for that response!

So part of what was ordered was the CS-KITPRO-K9 and

L-KIT-RM (L-TP-RM) Is that a Telepresence Room License?

Where do we find these Part#s - I dont see most of them on Data Sheets?

@fp_av wrote:

L-KIT-RM (L-TP-RM) Is that a Telepresence Room License?

That is the Remote Monitoring Option Key for the RoomKit (allows you to see snapshots of the video via its web interface), not a Telepresence Room Licence.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: