Views
Helpful
Replies

CLID Strip - Incoming Dial-peers

shaucall46
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to understand an issue I am having with a H323 Gateway dial -peers.

What I want to achieve is block all caller ID to outgoing calls but receive incoming caller ID.

At the moment I am achieving the first one blocking outgoing (ISDN) caller ID but no incoming.

After various tracing and debugs I can see that the provider is sending the caller ID, it then hits a voip dial-peer which has the CLID strip command, hence why we do not see caller ID.

Unfortunately this is the same dial-peer that matches for our outbound calls.

Capture.JPG

Struggling to ge my head round this and any help appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

isalas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi shaucall46,

You can try creating a new dial-peer for your incoming calls, for example something like this:

Dial-peer voice 900 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 2/0:15

***Note: There is a DOT in the command for called-number, this is to allow any incoming digits.

Just make sure that this new dial-peer has a lower number than 910, to make sure of this, you can temporarily delete dial-peer 910 create your new incoming dial-peer and then re-create 910 with a higher number.

The reason the router is using dial-peer 910 (this is without looking at the config and assuming no other dial-peer is a good match) Its because the router needs to use a dial-peer for all types of calls, incoming and outgoing, it will first look for a dial-peer with a "Called-number" command in it, then answer address, then by port and if no match it will use dial-peer 0 (hidden default dial-peer which is not recommended).

So by creating a new dial-peer for your incoming call the router should select it first and allow the incoming caller ID to be received.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

isalas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi shaucall46,

You can try creating a new dial-peer for your incoming calls, for example something like this:

Dial-peer voice 900 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 2/0:15

***Note: There is a DOT in the command for called-number, this is to allow any incoming digits.

Just make sure that this new dial-peer has a lower number than 910, to make sure of this, you can temporarily delete dial-peer 910 create your new incoming dial-peer and then re-create 910 with a higher number.

The reason the router is using dial-peer 910 (this is without looking at the config and assuming no other dial-peer is a good match) Its because the router needs to use a dial-peer for all types of calls, incoming and outgoing, it will first look for a dial-peer with a "Called-number" command in it, then answer address, then by port and if no match it will use dial-peer 0 (hidden default dial-peer which is not recommended).

So by creating a new dial-peer for your incoming call the router should select it first and allow the incoming caller ID to be received.

Many thanks, issue now resolved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: