Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Communication between CTS & Jabber Video for TelePresence

Hello!

I have got a customer with a Head Office site that connects little branches (too little to aquire Cisco TelePresence Endpoints). All the sites connect to the HO via WAN links in a hub and spoke topology. There is only one internet link for the organization connected to the HO. So I have suggested the following setup.

ct_&_jabbervideo.jpg

An SX-20 is installed at the Head Office. The SX-20 is given an internet address. Users from the small sites communicate with Head Office using Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence clients.

My questions:

(1). Will this setup work?

If Yes:

(2). Should I be worried about upgrading internet bandwidth to support video?

From my understanding I think the internet link will only be used for call signalling and the WAN links for voice and video streaming so no need to upgrade internet bandwidth. Please help with the best advice.

I look forward to your assistance.

3 Replies 3

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

this is not very clear !

what type of systems you use for the PC endpoints is it VCS ? if its over the Internet you need to consider using VC expressway

and the signaling and media will go over the Internet in your case as the vcs need to know where to route the call ( SIP integration with CUCM where the CTS registered ! )

if you have WAN between the sites avoid the Internet for internal use and use Internet for some users who need it where you can use VCS- and VCS expressway for this

do you have any type of MCUs for multipoint calls ?

also you need to make sure you are using cucm 8.6 and later and cts uses 1.7.4 or later for direct interop calls

My apologies!

I think how I put made it confusing. Perhaps it should be something like shown below.

I don't intend to use any on-site servers. I want to use the "free service" hosted by Cisco to have Cisco/Tandberg endpoints communicate with Windows PCs running Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence within the same corporate network. All branches get internet access through the Head Office. The Tandberg system has got a global URI which the Jabber Video clients use to dial to it.

Its the clear that the internet link (giving access to the Cisco hosted service) will be used for call signalling but I'm not sure about what happens to the voice and video streams after the call has been initiatied. Do they need the internet link? Please help me with this. I hope my question is now clearer.

Hi, Kelvin

I think your scheme should work.

It is easily and quickly check.

You can install free jabber on branch A and branch  B. Then test jabber call from branch A to branch B.

And you will get your answer.

Br. Oleksandr