Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Content Server Cluster Problem

Hi,

I recently created a content server cluster v5.3, ever since this was done the recording aliases stoped registering to the VCS but I can see that the Live and Non-live aliases(configured in the server overview) are registering to the VCS. When I try call these aliases I get a Busy here error on the VCS.

Any idea why this is doing this? How can I fix it?

Thanks

Edward

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When you view the Management tab > Diagnostics > Server overview, what does Server mode say?

I can't speak about the clustering, or anything, but I know in the past when our TCS wouldn't answer calls, the Server mode gave helpful information on what might be the problem, such as the current status of the TCS.

Have you looked through the TCS logs yet?

Hi,

Yes, get the screenshot of the server overview page and that will be helpful.

Also, TCS front page address should be updated under the site settings.

Regards

Sumeet Rakesh

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

what I know from TCS clustering is that VCS should be the load balancer and distribute the call among different peers of the cluster. That means aliases on individual peer should not be dialed directly. Every peer should be able to pick up the recording from the storage and stream it to calling endpoint.

I found that the gateway prefixes for H323 and E.164 were not allowed to be the same in the site settings, they were somehow conflicting with each other on the VCS and caused the content server to unregister. It is weird that the Content server didnt give me an error about this.

Hi Edward,

Yes I found that out the hard way also.

I have also found that when using a template on the recording alias if the Live Option is selected I cannot use the recording alias for on demand.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: