cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 touch screen is unresponsive

mparks601
Level 1
Level 1

I have a DX80 touch screen that is unresponsive. I followed the "power cycle" directions below, and even did a factory reset on the unit, but I still cannot use the touchscreen. Any other recommendations to resolve this error? 

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCus38877/?referring_site=bugquickviewclick

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you followed the steps in the bug and you still can't get it to work, suggest you contact TAC, as the unit might need to be replaced.  You could even try a software upgrade to see if resolves the issue.

Thanks, I might try a software upgrade, and see where that goes. 

Have same issue with a DX80... Did a software upgrade fix it? and what software version if so... Thanks!

How can you do a software update or even see what version you are running if the touchscreen is unresponsive?

@donbTVC wrote:

How can you do a software update or even see what version you are running if the touchscreen is unresponsive?

If the endpoint is running CE code, you can see (or update) via the web interface, or SSH/Telnet and use the CLI commands, or use the xAPI.

Your CUCM (if it's registered to one) can also push a software update to it) - or with TelePresence Management Suite (TMS), if you use that in your environment.

But usually, the software update won't help restore touch on a device that is broken, and the DX will need to be replaced via the RMA process through TAC.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.