cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EX software on cisco.com

Darren McKinnon
Level 1
Level 1

I'm confused about the software that is available at Cisco.com for the EX60.  I want to download the latest software which according to the website was released on May 3, 2012 and was TC4.2.3, but I also see that TC5.1 was released in March, 2012.  Is there a mistake on the website, or am I overlooking something obvious?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In addition to Magnus.

Vice versa I had also seen that there was a higher version number out but not recommended for

generic use, only to solve a very specific issue.

You also have different TC versions itself, you have TC, TCNC (no encryption)  and the one for "MX" and "other" ssystems.

Its not the first time that a older major release gets an upgrade and its not only here for

telepresence or not only done by Cisco.

Some companies or organizations require a defined software trees and if there is a bug it gets an update as well.

Take a look at your computer operating system, even if might not run the latest major version, you still

get updates.

So, most likely no mistake and you are not overlooking something obvious. :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi TC5.1 is the latest. There was however a TC 4.2.3 released early may. I'm not 100% sure of the reason but the most likely reason is that there are several customers that is still on TC4.2 and required a bug fixed in a maintenance release. Reasons for not upgrading to TC5.1 might have been justified somehow by the customers.

But to answer your question TC 5.1 is the latest version.

/Magnus

In addition to Magnus.

Vice versa I had also seen that there was a higher version number out but not recommended for

generic use, only to solve a very specific issue.

You also have different TC versions itself, you have TC, TCNC (no encryption)  and the one for "MX" and "other" ssystems.

Its not the first time that a older major release gets an upgrade and its not only here for

telepresence or not only done by Cisco.

Some companies or organizations require a defined software trees and if there is a bug it gets an update as well.

Take a look at your computer operating system, even if might not run the latest major version, you still

get updates.

So, most likely no mistake and you are not overlooking something obvious. :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Darren,

Just to give you the details of the release. The new version was released for some minor fixes basically for the Precision HD Camera issues. Here are the main features for the TC 4.2.3 :

New fan control for the Codec C90

The fan control has changed to allow the Codec C90 to run cooler. The fans will now run all the time

and with a higher RPM then before.

New software release for Cisco TelePresence PrecisionHD 4x Camera

With the TC4.2.3 release, the PrecisionHD 1080p 4x camera will automatically be upgraded to camera

software release ID20010.

Also there were some other minor fixes like :

CSCtz61535 The Cisco Touch will not display any codecs in the codecs to pair with list.

CSCtx57456 Touch panel freezes and/or does not boot up after upgrade.

CSCtz61560 When booting up the EX90 the Cisco splash screen is not shown.

CSCts05788 The Cisco PrecisionHD 1080p 4X camera sometimes will loose video output and connection with the codec

For detailed information, you can refer to the release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc4/release_notes/codec_c-series_tc_software_release_notes_tc4.pdf

Hope this helps.

Please rate the answers using the stars below this post.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

So, since I upgraded from TC4.1 to TC5.1, I've missed the bug fixes you have listed above?  Shouldn't TC5.1.1 be released with the same bug fixes?

Hi Darren,

Yes, you are correct. When the TC 5.1.1 is released, it would have the following bug fixes as well.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: