Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway-C and Expressway-E Cluster - Across multiple Data Centers

We are planning to install Cisco Expressway-C and Expressway-E cluster across three separate data centers which are connected via WAN connection (No VPN). Please refer to the attached proposed network diagram for reference. Please let me know whether this design is supported and whether we will have control over inbound and outbound call routing thru a specific Expressway-E Expressway-C combination.

2 Replies 2

Sandro Nardi
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @Chandramohan Nagarajah ,

the official document for clustering Expressways version x12.5 is https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X12-5/Cisco-Expressway-Cluster-Creation-and-Maintenance-Deployment-Guide-X12-5.pdf

I think the first section to look at is

Clustering Prerequisites, Network conditions are met

About the control over inbound call/registration is mainly related to the DNS configuration, same document section Cluster Name and DNS SRV Records.
Rate if useful
Sandro

Aaron Wilson
Level 5
Level 5
This is an interesting design. You'd have to be careful that a call would not go DC1>>DC2>>DC3, this would not be optimal. This design makes sense if you are trying to limit the Cs/Es, but it may prove to introduce some less optimal paths. Might be better to put the Cs in DC 2 & 3, I'm not sure I see an advantage to having the C in DC 1.