Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with VCS licensing

CSCO12593384
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I need quick help with licensing. We have Cisco CUCM v11 and 5 DX80 and 10 8865 IP Phones. The customer doesn't have licenses for TelePresence and they want to implement Video Conferencing. I am searching the internet as I am typing this, but I need quick answer: what licenses would they need if they want to install 8-Core Virtual Machine VCS server to support only those 15 devices?

If they buy SX20 with MultiSite license, is there a possibility to have video conferencing between only, let's say 4 DX 80 devices and to use SX20 as a video bridge?

Thank you in advance.

8 Replies 8

Hello,

If you buy SX20 Multicite then you recieve only 4-party conference (SX20+3participants).

Right way is buy cisco shared multiparty: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/solutions/collateral/collaboration/pervasive-conferencing/at-a-glance-c45-729835.pdf

You should order TP-SMP-K9 (lic-tp-smp-ep) . And should have hardware for virtual machines (Conductor and vTS).

br Oleksandr

I need the cheapest solution. :)

The SX80 can do five way multisite (itself +4), but as Oleksandr states the SX20 cannot, it's four. 

Hi Patrick,

The SX80 isn't more cheaper than SMP ))

br Oleksandr

It is if they don't already have Conductor/TPS - SMP is just a license, they'd have to buy Conductor and deploy at least one TPS to use SMP. You can't use free Conductor with SMP. 

Yeah, we don't have anything except CUCM v11 with CUWL Standard licensing. The customer wants their DX80 and 8865 phones to be able to do video conferencing and we need the cheapest solution. 

As for SX20 with Multisite license, 3 devices is enough. However, I still don't understand practically if SX20 can be used just as bridge so that, f.e. 3 DX80 devices can communicate through a video conference on their own. Or can I only initiate a conference from SX20 and then call the others?

In solution with SX20 multisite option you always need use SX20 for initiate the conference.

br Oleksandr

Ok great, thank you.