cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can i call to PSTN from videoconference?

mz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. We have Cisco MCU 4505 and a few Cisco C20.

What should I do to make outside call to PSTN ? And vise versa?

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can integrate it with an existing telephony system. Cisco also offers a ISDN GW which supports ISDN video calls

if they are needed as well, both ISDN or audio only calls work fine with the MCU or the C20.

With recent software versions the C20 even support an additional audio call which can be bridged to an existing video

call.

You might also find external companies offering you PSTN connectivity based on SIP/H323 for your setup.

In general I recommend having a proper call control (like cucm, vcs, ...) and also do security checks

as ISDN GW are most likely to be attempted to be hacked/missused from the outside or even the inside!

Ask your Cisco TelePresence partner, he will be able to assist you to find a good solution fitting your deployment.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

How MCU can build link to IP-telephony system without VCS?

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI.  It all depends on what phone system you are trying to connect to.  You can send calls to H323 GW by configuring such in the MCU.  If you can give us a bit more, we may be able to help you, but as Martin stated, getting hooked up with your partner to provide the best solution to fit your needs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: