cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I integrate VCS Control with a Gateway P20 Radvison?

cesar.barbaroto
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Please, Someone help me? I have a VCS-C as gatekeeper and I have a RADVISION GATEWAY P20 ISDN registered on my VCS-C.

I need receive call from outside my network, today I can make a call to ISDN numbers, but I don´t receive calls from ISDN.

Is there some procedure to configure this equipments? and  How can I do it?

Thanks,

Cesar

7 Replies 7

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How RadVision Gateway P20 ISDN registered on VCS and how dial plan configured on it?

Do you see incoming call from Gateway when Gateway receive the call from PSTN?

Please check and let us know what you can see on search history and call history status on VCS for call from Gateway

cesar.barbaroto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tomonori,

Yes I have a Radvision Gateway P20 registred on VCS, but I don´t have dial plan configured, I can make calls but do not receive calls from outside.

Can you show me how to setup a seach rules and how create a dial plan configuration to receive calls from Gateway P20? of outside.

Thanks,

Cesar

To advise search rule(s) configuration on VCS, I need a bit more information.

• What is dial plan use in local network (E.164 alias, H.323 ID, or/and SIP URL)?
    For example, all Endpoint registered on VCS as H.323 Endpoint with E.164 with 1xxx format (i.e. 1001)
  • What dial plan configure on Gateway for inbound call, ISDN (PSTN)->H323/SIP?
  • What dial plan configure on Gateway for outbound call, H323/SIP->ISDN (PSTN)?
    This is just additional reference.

Hi Tomonori,

See answers below:

• What is dial plan use in local network (E.164 alias, H.323 ID, or/and SIP URL)?
      For example, all Endpoint registered on VCS as H.323 Endpoint with E.164 with 1xxx format (i.e. 1001)

A: My local network have 50% Endpoints registring with E.164 with 1xxx format (i.e. 1001) with Endpoints TANDBERG MXP series and Polycom HDX and VSX series.

My SIP domain is vnoc.com.br with, i.e. URI: 5003@vnoc.com.br

• What dial plan configure on Gateway for inbound call, ISDN (PSTN)->H323/SIP?

A: I don´t have dial plan configured on VCS and Gateway.

• What dial plan configure on Gateway for outbound call, H323/SIP->ISDN (PSTN)?
      This is just additional reference.

A: I don´t have dial plan configured on VCS and Gateway.

For dial-out (from H.323/SIP to ISDN/PSTN), you will need to configure service prefix on Gateway and register it on VCS.

For example, configure service prefix on Gateway like “80” as service prefix for a voice call and service prefix “81” as up to 6-B-channel (384kbps) bonding video calls.

Then H.323 Endpoint to dial out 801800123456 (assume 1800123456 is far end phone device) for audio call via ISDN Gateway.

Once Gateway registered on VCS as H.323 device, service prefix “80” and “81” will register as “service prefix” so VCs will know where to forward incoming call (assume you have any match for local zone on VCS search rule configuration).

For dial-in (from ISDN/PSTN to H.323/SIP), you will need to configure at least one of IVR, DID, TCS4 or default extension.

Probably most easy way to configure this and test is IVR.

Basically configure mapped ISDN number to IVR and let connected H.320 Endpoint or telephone to use DTMF to enter extension which should be same as your Endpoint E.164 alias.

As P20 Gateway register on VCS (as H.323 for this example), as long as VCS has any match on local zone, VCS should able to find destination Endpoint with it.

You can find P20 Gateway configuration at http://www.kavena.se/fileadmin/uploads/downloads/Radvision/Gateway/SCOPIA_100_Userguide.pdf.

Hi Tomonori,

I have tried your tip and works well.

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you very much

Great and thanks for sharing the result as this will be useful reference for other people as well.

BTW, please make sure set this post to “Resolved” status as well.