cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it normal to hear a clicking noise on ex60?

orange5072
Level 1
Level 1

Sometimes I can hear a clicking noise from the ex60. I just wanted to know if this was normal or if something is broke inside. It will sound something like "click, click, click" very faint. It almost sounds like a motor is turning something.

I believe it usually does it when booting up and I think it sounds like it is coming from the camera.

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have the zoom and autofocus motor in the lens, can you see if it refocusses while its "clicking"?

Guess there is a fan inside, not sure if there is anything further more mechanical inside.

An external audio source could also generate some strange sounds, ...

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

It does make a faint clicking sound when I hit the reforcus button. Odd thing is it seems like it is lounder on bootup when it makes the noise. Is it normal for it to refocus during bootup?

By any chance can you or someone else who owns an ex60 reboot and listen if you hear a click noise from the camera. It should make the noise towards the very end of the booting process.  I have a 5.0 software version.

Thank You

Yes, it'd be normal for the clicking noise on bootup.  We have quite a few EX90s and they all do it on boot.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.