Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN gateway register to VCS Control

gavin han
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've to register/setup neighbor ISDN VCS control.

would I have to register ISDN gateway on VCS control or will I have to get it up as neighbor on VCS control?

I also have to setup rules so that if call to IP fails than that call should be diverted through ISDN.

I'm new to ISDN so not sure how to do it. anybody please help!

Thanks...

7 Replies 7

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

You would normally register the ISDN GW to the VCS-C with service prefixes already specified on the GW; one for video and one for telephony (if applicable). Just enter the IP address of your VCS-C in the Gatekeeper field of your GW.

Diverting IP calls to ISDN if IP fails can be done by CPL script, see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_ISDN_Overflow_Using_CPL_Script_Application_Note.pdf

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Thanks Jens. How will the call be routed to ISDN gateway? i.e. say if ISDN gateway registers to VCS-C with "82002" prefix than how will the call be routed through ISDN if user dials number (say 8200292423234444)?

If the GW has been configured with the service prefix 82002 for video calls, it will then register this prefix with the VCS-C, and all calls starting with 82002 will automatically be sent to the GW. (Edit:With a CPL in place, this will only happen given certain pre-determined conditions).

It is highly recommended prefixes are chosen very carefully to prevent conflicts with other services you might have.

(With a CPL in place, this will only happen given certain pre-determined conditions).

I insert a #, i.e. 82002# which, since we have SIP enabled, also breaks the dialling string and assists in preventing unautorized calls from outside through our VCS-E.

See https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3542518#3542518 from more information re this.

/jens

Thank you Jens. Should I register ISDN gateway as H323 or SIP. If I register it as SIP than will H323 endpoint be able to place calls through ISDN? if I register it as H323 than will SIP endpoints be able to place calls through ISDN?

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

I don't have that option on my GWs, registers as h323 and both SIP and h323 devices are able to use them. Interworking is enabled on VCS-C though.

If you have the option of either or, then I guess it's a matter of trial and error...

/jens

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Thank you so much Jens. one more question. I've add all ISDN contact details (contact number, name) in TMS phonebook. how should I add ISDN number?

You need to create ISDN and IP zones for your systems in TMS first of all;

Administrative Tools-->Locations

Click on "?" icon for detailed help re this to set it up to suit your needs and location etc.

How to enter the ISDN address in TMS is something I'm not too familiar with as we're IP only, and only use ISDN occasionally where the numbers vary, so they are entered manually at the time of the conference.

/jens

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: