Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with External Mic and External Speakers on Cisco Room Kit Plus

PatrickG_SF
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

We are having a peculiar issue that is consistent across a handful of Cisco Room Kit Plus and Room Kit rooms we are provisioning, but doesn't happen to all of them. 

For the Room Kit rooms:

- We have a 3rd party external mic and 3rd party external speaker/amp connected to the codec. 

- We can see the external mic in the microphone levels page (mic ch 2), as well as the internal mic (mic ch 1). 

- When we perform the 'Sound Check' to provision the room, we hear Cisco's sound check song, but it only plays out of the sound bar only, not the speakers. HOWEVER, when we audition ring tones from the Touch10, those tones do come out of the external speakers.

- When we call in the room, we do not hear the far end out of the in room speakers....only out of the sound bar

- When we disable the sound bar's speakers, we no longer hear the external mic.

For the Room Kit Plus rooms:

- The sound check plays out of the speakers, and the external mics work in a call, but there is feedback. Its as if in-room external mic is coming out of the sound bar speakers as well.

I have seen in SX80s, there is a place to route the mic inputs to the room's sound reinforcemnt, but these 2 models of codec seem to be far more limited, feature-wise. So there is really not a lot of places/parameters to tweak to make these issues go away. Any help on identifying what is going on here would be great. 

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

PatrickG_SF
Level 1
Level 1

Let me bump this issue one more time - most of the content above has been worked through. However, I can't seem to find an answer to a simple question: when using a Cisco Room Kit (not Plus or Pro) with an external speaker, sound check does not play through the line out. Is this expected?

Dave Bohn
Level 1
Level 1

Any solution to this?