Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Video for Telepresence - Registration issues via VCS-E

Fotografa
Level 1
Level 1

Okay, a little background first.

My firm has two separate but interconnected pools of VC infrastructure (all TANDBERG/Cisco/Codian).

In Australia, our Jabber Video works perfectly, on iPad, Mac and Windows.

In the UK, we are having issues with both our Windows and Mac Jabber Video for Telepresence client (4.4) registering.

We have VCS-Control, with device provisioning key installed, running 7.1

We have VCS-Expressway, no device provsioning or Findme, running 7.1 (using dual network interface and NAT)

Cisco TMS 13.2.1 using TMSPE for provisioning.

Have device templates for Jabbertablet, Movi 4.3 and Movi 4.4 installed, all using the same config.

Now, we can get the iPads to register via the expressway, no problem at all.

We cannot get the Windows or Mac clients to register via the expressway.

Getting an error saying cannot connect to server. Have tried multiple accounts and multiple devices, same outcome. Nothing is showing up on the VCS-E logs for the registration attempts either.

Now, as I understand it, the server it is saying it cannot reach is the VCS-Control, and the only difference between the iPad and the Mac/Win client trying to register would be the fact that ipad would be trying to register as

joe.bloggs.jabbertablet@example.com

whilst Mac/Win client would be

joe.bloggs.movi@example.com

does this all sounds correct?

They would both use the same ports wouldn't they?, so not likely to be a firewall issue.

So would it maybe be an issue with transforms/search rules, or authentication between VCS-E and VCS-C?

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Regards

Shane

I should also mention that I can register Windows/Mac client internally no problem at all, the issue is only when trying to register externally, and only for Windows/Mac client.

It certainly appears to be an issue with VCS-E not allowing/routing the registration request to the control, but it has me stumped, because like I said, the iPad app is working fine. I should also mention that I can register Windows/Mac client internally no problem at all, the issue is only when trying to register externally, and only for Windows/Mac client.

It certainly appears to be an issue with VCS-E not allowing/routing the registration request to the control, but it has me stumped, because like I said, the iPad app is working fine.

8 Replies 8

julien.plante
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

First, can you tell us if you really try to register on the Expressway from the outside or just from your intranet bypassing the internal VCS address.

I mean that if your expressway is on a DMZ, it may be normal that your intranet doesn't get access on it.

Next, can you give us the logs from the jabber app on mac or PC to see why those clients don't register.

If your Ipads do register as Mac and PCs don't, it may be a matter of connection settings on the laptops or a matter of routing.

Cheers,

Jul

Julien,

Thanks for your reply.

Just confirming, yes trying from outside our network, as well as trying from inside our network.

Also, regarding connection setting on Windows/Mac client, they both have no issues registering on our Australian Infrastructure, or registering internally on our internal server.

Have just updated to Movi 4.5, and created templates for both UK and Australia TMS. Can connect to AU okay, but UK infra connection attempt generates new error message: "Connection Rejected by Server. Try logging in again later."

Can post some of the info from the Windows Client log up, but it's not really telling me any more than what I'm providing here> .

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have both templates configured on TMS as provisioning template?

One for Jabber Video for Windows/MAC (i.e. JabberVideoProvisioningTemplate4.4) and other for Jabber for iPad (i.e. jabbertablet_provisioning_template)

Hi Tomonori, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have both templates configured, and can register internally no problem at all with the Win and Mac client. It is only regiswtering via the expressway that's a problem. And then, only with Win or Mac client, iPad is fine.

Hi Shane,

can you try with movi/jabber 4.2 and see if you face same issue. In this kind of scenarios i will always try with the 4.2 test.

Also i believe you are using the TLS for jabber on windows/mac to authenticate. Can you check if the port 5061 is matching properly on the firewall?

under sip config you didn't disabled the TLS right?

rgds

Alok

Have you enabled debug logging on VCS-C and VCS-E?

This could help to narrow it down, if the 404 message is sent from Control or Expressway.

Just to be sure, you don't have the sip domain configured and set the sip authentication request to proxy on Expressway and set all necessary zones (traversal, default zone) and default subzone to check credentials on VCS?

Regards, Paul

Is it possible to get a diagnostics log from the VCSe with network tracing set to debug level. This might give us a hint to see if the provisioning is being past back to the Jabber Video when it Subscribes for it, and if it is then attempting the registration or not.

rasimyigit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
Are you Add the sip domain on the Vcse?
Ore you want to push the registrations on Vcsc?if yes you must remove the sip domain from Vcse .
What is about the search rules ?
You need to create a search rule for registration with the sip domain.
Do have a device provisioning key on the Vcse? If yes delete please . If not please check it about ssh on the VCSE , and verify no entry about device provisioning key. That's my experience for this problem

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App