cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LICENSING COMPLIANCE BANNER ON THE CMS X3.4.3

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

I have upgraded my CMM and CMS servers to x3.4.3. 
I connect my endpoint to a CMS call I get the Banners across the screen:

"Your deplo0yment is out of licensing compliance please contact your administrator" 

Ok when I did the upgrade it stated I have a 90 day trial ??   How do I get rid of the banner during the 90 day trial ?
If it's a 90 day trial I still should be able to use the CMS for production purposes. 

So until I get my PLR license I still need to use the CMS for production purposes and the banner is very annoying for my customers.  ... 

Chet Cronin
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Finally got it fixed.   CISCO SME indicated there are issues upgrading older CMM servers past 3.3.3 to SMART licensing.   We upgraded our CMM from 3.3.3 to 3.4.3.   When I selected the smart licensing from the licensing page than went to  settings > license page to generate the Token to upload to the CISCO smart portal to generate the PLR file.   When I did that I also refreshed the CMM license pending page and it broke.  The CMM just kept erroring out a notice the CMM unable to fetch license information.   Well we got fed up and planned to revert everything back to 3.3.3 including the CMS's.  We left work only rolling back CMM to 3.3.3.   This morning we thought maybe we should just upgrade to 3.5.0 but decided to re-install 3.4.0.   That worked ... we were able to upload the PLR file and the systems are 100 percent operational.  

Chet Cronin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Simple answer: You won't.
You need to license it.

Not very customer friendly ... so until I get it licensed we have to deal with that banner. 

Understood.   So goes CISCO developers / sales again ... and CISCO wonders why customers go to other vendors like Poly. 

Yep very frustrated since we worked on this all day ... 

Appreciate the response though. 

Chet Cronin

Finally got it fixed.   CISCO SME indicated there are issues upgrading older CMM servers past 3.3.3 to SMART licensing.   We upgraded our CMM from 3.3.3 to 3.4.3.   When I selected the smart licensing from the licensing page than went to  settings > license page to generate the Token to upload to the CISCO smart portal to generate the PLR file.   When I did that I also refreshed the CMM license pending page and it broke.  The CMM just kept erroring out a notice the CMM unable to fetch license information.   Well we got fed up and planned to revert everything back to 3.3.3 including the CMS's.  We left work only rolling back CMM to 3.3.3.   This morning we thought maybe we should just upgrade to 3.5.0 but decided to re-install 3.4.0.   That worked ... we were able to upload the PLR file and the systems are 100 percent operational.  

Chet Cronin