Views
Helpful
Replies

Make use of traversal call instead of Non-traversal on Cisco VCS-C

Elie Sbat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco VCS Control currently running 20 non-traversal and 100 traversal license. I need once I initiate a session from Cisco Jabber client to one of the cameras (Studios) . I want the VCS to consume a traversal call license ?

Is this possibe ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

If you enable interworking and call from jabber on sip to an H323 endpoint. SIP<-> h323 will consume a traversal

Lisence.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ok on the c60 disable sip. Register it on h323 and call it from the jabber client. If you use an e164 alias i think you need a search rule that adds the @domain.com as a suffix. If you dont type this in manual when you are making the call.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

If you enable interworking and call from jabber on sip to an H323 endpoint. SIP<-> h323 will consume a traversal

Lisence.

/Magnus

Hi,

let me tellyou the setup. I have a Cisco VCS-C and Tandberg Camera. Codec C60 .

I enables Interworking on Cisco VCS but on Cisco Jabber there is no option choose the protocol.

The camera is running on SIP.

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ok on the c60 disable sip. Register it on h323 and call it from the jabber client. If you use an e164 alias i think you need a search rule that adds the @domain.com as a suffix. If you dont type this in manual when you are making the call.

/Magnus

Magnus,

how to make it register on H232 ? where to find the alias ? I am very novice in Teleresence

I know how to reach to H232 configuration an SIP but there what field I hve to fill ?

It worked

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you enable the media encryption policy, media will go through VCS and call will treat as traversal call as well.

This will work even camera-studios device registered on VCS-C as SIP UA (media encryption policy works for SIP call).

For more information about media encryption policy, please take a look page 6-11 of https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-26316 and X7.2 administrator guide.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: