Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Making Video calls from VCS using CUCM

Hi

Can a endpoint registered to VCS make a external video call using cisco gateway registered to CUCM.

Scenario :

C40 -> VCS -> CUCM-> Cisco 2900-> E1

I appreciate any inputs regarding this

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

in theory yes it can be done as long as there is enough bandwidth to pass the signaling and the media

however i think ( not sure ) for the type of ISDN VC calls you might need the formerly known as TANDBERG ISDN gateway!!

however, the Cisco Telepresnce and video mostly going toward end to end IP communications, thats why it is better to look for using video calls over the Internet using Cisco TelePresence VCS expressway with the VCS controller better than using the E1/ISDN link

good luck

if helpful rate

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

in theory yes it can be done as long as there is enough bandwidth to pass the signaling and the media

however i think ( not sure ) for the type of ISDN VC calls you might need the formerly known as TANDBERG ISDN gateway!!

however, the Cisco Telepresnce and video mostly going toward end to end IP communications, thats why it is better to look for using video calls over the Internet using Cisco TelePresence VCS expressway with the VCS controller better than using the E1/ISDN link

good luck

if helpful rate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: