cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Menu Snapshot on C-40. For user manual

tessierneveup
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently doing a user manual for my users and I would like to take snapshot of the menu of my C40 and C20 (Running latest version) to incorporate in the manual. I could take a picture of the screen but with the glare and reflection of the monitor the quality of the picture will not be as clear...

So far I tried the following command by SSH but I do not know how to go recuperate my snapshot on the system. Also I do not know if the menu will show in the snapshot.

xCommand Experimental TakeWebSnapshot SourceType: LocalMain SourceId: 0

OK

*r WebSnapshotResult (status=OK):

SnapshotFile: /tmp/snapshots/snapshot-1.jpg

** end

I spoke to Cisco support and he told me I could use the print screen option but he did not tell me the step as I do not have a support contract.

Can someone help me out?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you're unable to find the correct SourceID, another method is to loop the display output back into the camera input.  So the codec will send the output you want with the menu on the screen, and it will come into the codec as if it were the camera source.  Then all you would have to do it take a snapshot, in theory you'd get exactly what you wanted.  Make sense?

A note to remember though, you will need to keep the display connected long enough to navigate the codec menu's to what you want to take a snapshot of, then connect the HDMI cable to the camera input.  Probably don't have to say it, but this is untested, I haven't had a chance to try it myself.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have to use a program like WinSCP using the root account to access to the file directories where the snapshots are stored.

It's documented here

I've tried to take a few snapshots, but all I'm coming up with is the main input source (camera) though.

What SourceId does Patrick need to use to capture the primary display output?

The SourceId range is 0-65534 for the "xCommand Experimental TakeWebSnapshot SourceType: LocalMain SourceId:" command. How do we find what maps to what?

And can this command capture the output or does it just capture an input?

Regards,

David

I was able to get my snapshot with the method you provided me. Sadly I cannot see any menu on the screen capture. I am mainly looking to capture my corporate phonebook and the layout options since it's one of the questions I get the most from my clients.

Could it be (like David said) a different SourceID i have to use to get the menu?

Thank you.

Patrick!

If you're unable to find the correct SourceID, another method is to loop the display output back into the camera input.  So the codec will send the output you want with the menu on the screen, and it will come into the codec as if it were the camera source.  Then all you would have to do it take a snapshot, in theory you'd get exactly what you wanted.  Make sense?

A note to remember though, you will need to keep the display connected long enough to navigate the codec menu's to what you want to take a snapshot of, then connect the HDMI cable to the camera input.  Probably don't have to say it, but this is untested, I haven't had a chance to try it myself.

Thanks Patrick, We will probably try that. I will let you know when I have tried it.

Confirmed..

Keep in mind the selfview image will now show your display output, and not the camera, as seen in my snapshot.

Another note, it would be nice to find out in some way or anything else similar to this, what ID goes to what input/output.

Thanks a lot. We will do this