Views
Helpful
Replies

MRA Question - DNS requirement

VCsupport17
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I need to enable MRA on Expressway. On the Expressway-C Traversal zone configuration, the peer address is the Expressway-E FQDN. So do i need to create a A record for Expressway-E on the internal DNS to resolve the FQDN?

Also, is it required to add internal  DNS IP on Expressway-E or public DNS is enough?

7 Replies 7

Yes you need  A record on internal DNS, that will be based on the deployment. Is your internal domain  external domain same ? what kind of deployment, dual Nic or single NIC 

if your internal and external domain is different you need to create sub zone  for external domain and add A record.

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

Dual NIC deployment and Domain is the same for internal and external. 

Internal DNS create A record for Expressway E pointing  to your Internal NIC ip. 

Example:-

Expressway C ip 192.168.1.10

Expressway E internal ip 192.168.1.11

Epxressway E DMZ nic 10.1.1.20 nated to public ip. 

Internal A record will resolve to 192.168.1.11.

Response Signature

Thanks Nithin.

For the Expressway-E dual NIC deployment, default gateway will be external (DMZ NIC)? 

Do i need to add route to internal network as gateway internal NIC?

This is from My Lab which is working.

1.jpg

Response Signature

It depends on your topology. If you like us have the two interfaces on the E node connected to different DMZ networks you’d need to have a route to the internal network. Whereas if you have the internal network interface on E and the C connected to the same network as @Nithin Eluvathingal it’s not required.

Response Signature

As @Roger Kallberg the routing depends on your setup. The one which I shared above has E internal  NIC and C is on same network. 

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: