cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multistream in TC 7.3

Mike Assel
Level 4
Level 4

How do I enable multistream on supported endpoints?  According to TelePresence Server Software Release Notes (4.1(1.85)) the feature is experimental and is not enabled by default, but it doesn't say anywhere how to enable it.  No mention of the feature in TC release notes either.

Thanks,  Mike

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I checked the admin guides for some of the endpoints and even API guides, and none of them mention "multistreaming", however it could be an experimental configuration settings which isn't documented.  Using the web interface, on the configuration page, just start searching for "experimental" and the hidden experimental options will appear.  You can also check using the CLI, if you have SSH access.

Supported multistreaming capable endpoints are SX20/80, MX200/300 G2, and MX700/800.

Required infrastructure components are Conductor XC3.0 and CUCM 10.5(2).

View solution in original post

Found some commands in the slide deck I mentioned above.  You can read more about it by creating a free account at https://www.ciscolive.com/online, and search the on demand library for session "BRKEVT-2803" that was presented during Cisco Live Milan 2015.  There are also other settings that need to be set on CUCM and Conductor, suggest you check the session online for more details.  Multistreaming begins on pg 74.

Here are the settings (not sure if it's all of them, but it's a start).

SX80, MX 700, MX800, SX20, MX200-G2, MX300-G2

• xConfiguration Experimental Conference MultiStream Mode: Auto
  • xConfiguration Conference ActiveControl Mode: Auto
  • xConfiguration Conference DefaultCall Protocol: SIP
  • xConfiguration Experimental MediaResilience Mode: On
  • xConfiguration Experimental Conference PacketLossResilience ForwardErrorCorrection: ReedSolomon
  • xConfiguration Experimental Conference PacketLossResilience RateAdaption: On

SX20 additional setting

• xConfigurationVideo OSD Style: Default
    • (Hidden on the web interface in 7.3 and later, but must still be set via the CLI)

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I checked the admin guides for some of the endpoints and even API guides, and none of them mention "multistreaming", however it could be an experimental configuration settings which isn't documented.  Using the web interface, on the configuration page, just start searching for "experimental" and the hidden experimental options will appear.  You can also check using the CLI, if you have SSH access.

Supported multistreaming capable endpoints are SX20/80, MX200/300 G2, and MX700/800.

Required infrastructure components are Conductor XC3.0 and CUCM 10.5(2).

I couldn't find anything in the GUI related to experimental, but I did view all those options in the CLI.  Nothing had "multistream" in it.  When the proximity feature was first released it was experimental as well, but Cisco clearly published how to turn it on.  Odd how they didn't include it for this as well.

I looked over a Cisco Live slide deck from Milan, and it says that it is an experimental setting in TC7.3, full support expected in TC8.

What endpoint(s) are you trying to enable it on?

MX800. 

Found some commands in the slide deck I mentioned above.  You can read more about it by creating a free account at https://www.ciscolive.com/online, and search the on demand library for session "BRKEVT-2803" that was presented during Cisco Live Milan 2015.  There are also other settings that need to be set on CUCM and Conductor, suggest you check the session online for more details.  Multistreaming begins on pg 74.

Here are the settings (not sure if it's all of them, but it's a start).

SX80, MX 700, MX800, SX20, MX200-G2, MX300-G2

• xConfiguration Experimental Conference MultiStream Mode: Auto
  • xConfiguration Conference ActiveControl Mode: Auto
  • xConfiguration Conference DefaultCall Protocol: SIP
  • xConfiguration Experimental MediaResilience Mode: On
  • xConfiguration Experimental Conference PacketLossResilience ForwardErrorCorrection: ReedSolomon
  • xConfiguration Experimental Conference PacketLossResilience RateAdaption: On

SX20 additional setting

• xConfigurationVideo OSD Style: Default
    • (Hidden on the web interface in 7.3 and later, but must still be set via the CLI)

Thanks Patrick.  Finally found it using another one of your posts :)  When you said "start searching for experimental..." I thought you meant search using the search function of the browser.  Started typing in the search field of the page itself and it popped right up.  

That was a great slide deck.  Now the trick is getting Multistream to work!  On to the next post :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: