Helpful
Replies

MX800 Multisite Conferencing

kmiraflores
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Good day!

I have a new MX800 room system endpoint and will integrate this to the existing Video Conferencing Network (which has its existing server). What are the additional licenses needed aside from Multisite Software Option (LIC-MX800-MS) to support multisite conferencing?

If the existing server has available CUWL user license, will I still need a shared multiparty license?

Regards,

Kevin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Multisite license on the MX is to enable bridging on the unit itself - no external MCU. You don't need anything else to make that work. The SMP is for when you have a Telepresence Server and Conductor, each SMP license enables one conference of any size (limited only by available resources) - if you don't have Conductor and TPS the SMP license will serve no purpose. 

Hope this helps 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Multisite license on the MX is to enable bridging on the unit itself - no external MCU. You don't need anything else to make that work. The SMP is for when you have a Telepresence Server and Conductor, each SMP license enables one conference of any size (limited only by available resources) - if you don't have Conductor and TPS the SMP license will serve no purpose. 

Hope this helps 

Hi Patrick,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I got your point there.

What if the Conductor (w/ Telepresence Server) has no SMP license installed in it? 

Can I instead use one (1) CUWL user license for the MX800 endpoint as a minimum license requirement for it to work?

Or what will be the other licensing options as a minimum?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

CUWL user license is for the CUCM wherein you can assign the device (IP phones, mobile applications like Jabber, etc.) to a specific user and it has nothing to do with multisite conferencing.

For you to enable multisite conferencing, as Patrick pointed out you can use the built-in multisite capability of the MX800 or you need external bridge like MCU, Conductor, Telepresence Server and you need SMP license or Screen License to make it work. These bridges will be integrated on the CUCM as Media Resource Group as your conference bridge resources to host multisite conferencing. You would also need the TP Room license for CUCM for you to register the MX800 on the CUCM.

regards,

Acevirgil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: