cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to change the CMS url

seventeen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a DNS that is already changed , and I am looking to change the URL of my CMS , does the URL change can be modified without changing the DNS ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

"the URL of my CMS , does the URL change can be modified without changing the DNS ?" - What has the DNS to do with the meeting URL?

If a client needs to resolve the URL, then it has to have a DNS server configured.
And obviously, this DNS server then also needs to have the corresponding DNS record configured, resolve the request.

If you only change the IP of the DNS server, you need to make sure that every client and system knows about the new IP, to be able to resolve DNS requests.
If you have setup a complete new DNS server, then you need to configure all the records that you need again.

But this has nothing to do with the meeting URL in the first place.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

"the URL of my CMS , does the URL change can be modified without changing the DNS ?" - What has the DNS to do with the meeting URL?

If a client needs to resolve the URL, then it has to have a DNS server configured.
And obviously, this DNS server then also needs to have the corresponding DNS record configured, resolve the request.

If you only change the IP of the DNS server, you need to make sure that every client and system knows about the new IP, to be able to resolve DNS requests.
If you have setup a complete new DNS server, then you need to configure all the records that you need again.

But this has nothing to do with the meeting URL in the first place.

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Any update on this? Or is it another "dead" question?

seventeen
Level 1
Level 1

@b.winter  take it easy a little bit man , if I'm not replying I can be searching about your answer so I can well understand  , or u need just answering u ? , and don't forget am an employee and a student at the same time , so I can have a lot of issues resolving it ... , I  think the forum is to help each other .

Yes, the forum is there to help each other. But we are not only there to work in the forum. It is our personal time, which we invest in this forum (yours and mine). So, the least respect to each other should be, not to waste each other's personal time.

And honestly: If I recognize, that a specific person doesn't respond to his own questions, then this was a waste of time for me and I won't help this person anymore for future questions. Because for what?

About the post: Could your question be resolved? Is everything clear?

Yes bro , am actually searching about the CMS configuration so I can understand it well , If i have other question I'll be back for u .

Thnaks in advance !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: